Prior to this website, our growing network benefited from word-of-mouth recruitment and information sharing amongst existing relational, regional, and sectoral networks across the country. Learn more about joining our network.
We welcome members who self-identify as:
- Filipino/a/x in Canada
- Studying and/or practicing in the fields of social service, social work, and community work
We’re growing every day! Over the past few years, we’ve heard from social work students and practitioners across the country, and all are keen to maintain connections and grow their network. We’re here to help broker connections between agencies, cities, regions, and across the country. In the past, we’ve maintained an email listserv for our formal communications. We’re now transitioning to a database on this website.
Online Member Directory: We’re working on an online directory of practitioners – more to come soon.
An informal Facebook group emerged in 2017 for Toronto-based practitioners. In 2018, we operationalized it towards the broader emerging network across Canada. Now with 175+ members, we welcome you to join this informal space and encourage you to post, respond, and engage how you see fit.
Click here to access the Facebook group.
Please note, you will be required to answer the following screening questions in order to be added to the group.
FB screening questions
- This group is specifically for Filipino/a/x practitioners in Canada. Do you self-identify as Filipino/a/x?
- This group is for social workers, social service workers and community workers practitioners and educators, as well as sw ssw cw students in social service fields/sectors. Do you belong/practice in these areas? If so, what is your occupation / role?
- Where in Canada are you located and/or working? (province/territory/town/city)
- Do you agree to the group rules from the admin?
We have a specific database of Filipino/a/x Canadian therapists, whether in private practice or offering through an agency. If you’d like to be added to the database, please share your information here. This database is shared with both interested practitioners and Filipino Canadian clients for referrals.